Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

My HP 364 Prinetr/Photocopier will not print at the moment.

Customer Question

My HP 364 Prinetr/Photocopier will not print at the moment. I have checked the paper container, the piece that comes off the back of the printer, as well as the inside to see if there are any blockages: all without success. I keep on getting the message "General Printer Error", with numbers 0x61000016 below and also with the words "Refer to Printer Documentation Touch OK to continue"
I have no record of having any printer documentation and am looking for a way to get a printed copy of it so that I can try to establish what is wrong and if I can fix the problem myself.
Failing that I can be contacted by phone on 01962 867902 if any of your 6 Tech Support Specialists are available and might wish to talk me through to the solution to the problem.
Lastly, and in anticipation of a successful outcome, is it possible for me to access the documentation and perhaps try to read it, as I have already explained that I cannot print it off at the moment. Nevertheless, at my age (75) I still do prefer to read hard copy.
Eewan Simmonds
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 12 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

At first, let´s please try to troubleshoot it via the steps in this guide and then let me know if that helped already:

http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.de/2012/05/how-to-solve-error-code-0x61000016-on.html

If it doesn't work, please just reply again and I will help you further on to fix your problem. That involves no additional costs for you, you can reply as often as you want until I was able to solve your problem to your satisfaction. If I already was able to help you, I would very happy about a positive rating (select 3 to 5 stars at the right top and click "submit"), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer with a part of your already accomplished payment, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Just like the second comment I have just seen, it is not possible to take ink holders out of their container, so I cannot progress beyond the second option

Thank you for your feedback, can you please let me know why you can´t take the ink holders out of their container? Are they stuck or damaged?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Because the carrier will not come out of its normal area, thereby making it impossible to access the ink containers

At which place is it right now? Is the printer turned on actually when you are doing this?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have followed yoiur instructions to the letter, having first removed the non power cable (the USB port?) before trying to take out the ink containers. So far it is just not working for me.

Thank you for the feedback, where is the carrier right now, at which place?

Are you still there, dear customer?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dear ComputerVauck,
I regret to state that I came out of justanswer last evening as I felt I was getting nowhere fast and did not have the patience to continue along those lines. I have advised the website that I have withdrawn as I felt I was not getting anywhere fast. Please do not take it personally. Thankyou for trying.