Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Just put a new HP301 Black ink Cartridge in my HP Envy 5530

Customer Question

Just put a new HP301 Black ink Cartridge in my HP Envy 5530 printer, and my alignment page is coming out with a red exclamation mark and 2 red arrows at the bottom of the page. Then when I try to scan the alignment page, it's not being detected. Also, when I try to print or copy I am just getting plain while sheets with no printing. I've checked the ink level on the new black cartridge and it is showing full. Can you help please? Never had this problem before when replacing ink cartridges.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done as you said, but still the same problem!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you please put a different ink cartridge in and tell me if this corrects it please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still the same !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's still showing me a red exclamation mark within in a red triangle and two red arrows, one pointing up and one pointing down on the bottom of my printed alignment page. I'm only getting 5 lines of alignment testing on a page.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.