Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My HP ENVY 23 TOUCHSAMRT PC comes up with a statement that

Customer Question

My HP ENVY 23 TOUCHSAMRT PC comes up with a statement that it can not boot as disc is not present?
I can not get past this stage although have tried various ways suggested on line.
Can I order a re-boot disc?
Regards Graham
Product details s/n. CZC3013WOX
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please remove the power cable and then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Connect the power cable and tell me please if it now starts.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have been away on business this week and so only got a chance to try this method last night and i'm affriad it did not work
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Power it off, power it on and keep tapping F11 until you get to a menu

can you get to this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try this when I get back home this afternoon, I have previously tried this however and the pop up menu in blue does appear but when I select the boot line it still goes back to the original message again. Maybe I need to select a different option when I get to this stage?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** alreaddy tried and it failed then it confirms the problem, It is the hard dirve that has faulted. This is the boot device it cannot find.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have that replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.