Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have an unused Apple iPad mini still in its box with a

I have an unused Apple iPad mini still in its box with a white plug plus attached USB socket but no cables for charging and there is no charge left in the device for setting it up. The iPad does not appear to have the type of connector for attaching a standard USB cable for charging. Can you tell me what type of cable I should use please?Regards
***** *****

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This is a USB cable for the Lightning port on your iPad:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010S9M3L6/ref=asc_df_B010S9M3L65253933/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B010S9M3L6&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167143550553&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8056248107928038289&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9053018&hvtargid=pla-195108663195

and it is listed as compatible with your iPad mini, specifically, as well as lots of other Apple devices.

Its price as stated is $6.49 US. If you would like another source for such a cable, e.g. from a UK seller, let me know, please.

The equivalent from Apple UK costs 19 Pounds, so you might prefer the US source above, perhaps.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you, ***** ***** a good day.

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Russell, I found it on my desk, it had become separated from its box.Many thanks
Mike

You're welcome, Mike. A pleasure to have answered your question today. Thanks for the good rating!