Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

BT homehub5 type A now starts continuous orange flashing

BT homehub5 type A now starts continuous orange flashing light and loses internet access every time any device (unchanged x4 devices connected to longstanding sole home network) tries to interact with chosen web sites after each linkup.
Multiple attempts to use hub’s built in problem solving algorithm have all failed. All connections and device settings are correctly configured. Any suggestions for the fix, please? Peter

Hi there Peter and welcome

Can you tell me what you have already tried to do to resolve this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tried hubs own problem solver -fails to solve issue tho’ all connections to network and with devices are ok

Can you remove the power to the router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me how it then performs please Peter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hub currently showing blue light as ready to work but if I try interact with a connected website the link will appear to drop and light start flashing orange

Ok, on the back of it is a reset button, hold it in for 5 seconds then release

Wait 5 minutes and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have restarted unit several times both at power source and using hub’s “reset” . Unit gets to standby with blue light but use of connected device eg my iPhone or laptop, cause internet link to drop followed by flashing orange for a time then light goes blue again. Requested responses from web however have failed to occur triggering their ‘connection error’ message

Thanks Peter, if you have done the full reset and still you have the issue then it is the internet memory in the router that is at fault and the router will need to be replaced.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the router to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Richard - i’ll get onto BT now as my isp and h’ware source. You confirmed my suspicions. Best regards. Peter

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.