Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Sir,I have entered the four-numeral ..

Customer Question

Sir, I have entered the four-numeral Microsoft security number but I am unable to go further as I continually receive a message... "There's a temporaray problem..." and to try again later. For the past four days I have been unabkle to access tfe internet . Can you help, please. John Gregory. Telephone number: XXXX XXXXXXX

Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer and network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the 4-digital microsoft security number for? Who provided you that numbers?

What's the model of your computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Are you communicating with me on a different computer right now?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Viet,

The story is this...

Signed into outlook as uisual. Message came up, headed "Call us overprotective..." Apparently, I needed a security code number in case I "lost" access to my Micropsoft account and asking that I applky for one. I did and was notified by telephone of the number, which was 1687. Again signed in and , this time, entered 1687 as my code number. In reply, received message stating "There's a temporary problem..." and suggesting try again later. This was five days ago and, each time I try to access internet, I get the same temporary propblem message.

The computer is a Hewlett-Packard, model p6011uk, with Windows Vista installed.

My apologies over the second e-mail address. That is my wife's and was entered in error!

Kind regards,

JG.

I'm sorry, so you are able to use the computer and websites, but not email right?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Edit: It looks like you are away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,