Jeremy
Jeremy, PC Technician
Experience:  Networking issues? I can tackle simple home router issues or business grade Cisco routers.
62669195

I cannot re-connect to my network. I have tried re-submitting

Customer Question

I cannot re-connect to my network. I have tried re-submitting my password XXXXX this does not help
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Jeremy, I would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Are any of the laptops currently connected to the Wireless Network in the home without an issue? Does it give you any error message when connected?

Thanks!

Jeremy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is my kindle I am trying to re-connect to my Wi-Fi Network. When I try to connect to Oranged24a44 and give my password (taken from the Orange router) it is not happening. I don't know how to set up the network manually

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Glynn are any laptops currently connected via wifi?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No only my PC

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Would you mind if I remotely share the screen off the PC to take a look at the router settings? It's most likely a router setting, shouldn't be too hard to fix

If thats okay:

https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true

Click the above link, A download should begin. If it asks at the bottom if you want to run or save choose Run

This will open the Join.me Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format 493-433-5466)

Reply to me with the 9 digit number
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry but I cannot see a 9 digit number!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry haven't got the 9 digit number

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Did it let you download Join.me? The 9 digit number at the top looks like this

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Goy it!!

783-533-779

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Darn thats the right format but it says invalid numbers. You may need to exit Join.me and re-open. Those numbers time out after a few minutes of no connection
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Let's try again!!

629-408-621

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Hmm same thing :(

What's the model number of your router?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wireless network name

Oranged24a44

security key 92e7fb6e

Is this the info you need?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Does it say anything on the top such as Netgear, Linksys, etc?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Netgear

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Okay try this for me:

http://routerlogin.com/
http://192.168.0.1
http://192.168.1.1

Try the above 3 links. See if any of them open and request a password. If so try logging in with the user name admin and the password password

Let me know if you see Wireless Channel settings and Wireless Security key.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I logged into the second link. I can see wireless settings but not wireless security key

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Does it let you change the channel, does it allow you to change the wireless key and "Security type" ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Wonderful Glynn!

Try this for me and let me know what happens.

Change the channel to 11 if it's already on 11 change it to 06 then click Save Settings

Next:

Change the Wireless security type to WPA (not wpa2)

Change the wireless password to something easy to remember. Must be at least 8 characters long. Click Save Settings

Try to connect on the Kindle
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm beginning to feel like a complete idiot.

I have changed the channel to 11 and saved and have changed the wireless to WPA -PSK and saved but I have not been asked for a password to save settings

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Is there any box near where it says "Wpa-PSK" it may have astricks in it such as ********** if so can you click that box, input a new 8 digit or more password then click Save Settings

Let me know what that does.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, no box!!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDvqnNqBrw

Take a look at the above link. The passphrase is the box were are looking for. (about 1:15 into the video)

We need to set a new "passphrase" this is the wireless password.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Did that work?