Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I am trying to instal a HP 6520 printer and I have been asked

Customer Question

I am trying to instal a HP 6520 printer and I have been asked to enter the WPA Passphrase. What is this and where can I get it ?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is your router's or wireless password XXXXX access internet. Do you know it ?

If not, do you have a Windows PC connected to the wireless network ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my password XXXXX I have tried is the one used for my e-mail.

Yes - my PC is connected to a wireless network.

The e-mail address I sent to you ie. [email protected],com is mine but you indicated there is another user as one of your customers ??

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Charles, we need the password XXXXX your router. That is the password XXXXX use to connect the devices to your wireless network. That password XXXXX XXXXX to prevent unauthorized access to your network. We can recover it from your PC

What version of Windows are you using on your PC ? Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.