Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

My canon MG 6250 is no longer scanning. I get message on

Customer Question

My canon MG 6250 is no longer scanning. I get message on printer saying "Set the PC to start scanning" any suggestions as to what I might do? Many thanks
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac are you using?
How are you trying to scan?
.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
How are you trying to scan?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Placing document on printer pane and then using printer controls to scan. Never had problem before computer would open MG Navigator and scan. this is not happening now.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Have you tried scanning from a program on the computer instead of from the printer to see if it will scan?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No and not sure how I would do it sorry

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is no problem let's try using paint. Some people use this as a work around when scanners start to have communication issues.
If any of the steps are greyed out let me know as it would be the twain driver is not installed any longer.

1. Click Start , point to All Programs , point to Accessories , and then click Paint .
2. Click the icon on the top left corner (looks like a blue box), and then click From Scanner or Camera .
3. Make any desired setting changes.
4. Click Scan .

To save the scan click on the blue box again and then on save as.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got to from scanner or camera says - get pictures from Nokia 300m- which picture do you want to copy? But there are no pictures and no where to make any desired setting changes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you have a camera currently connected disconnect it.
After clicking on from scanner or camera it should let you choose which device to use if more that one are connected.
You would want to choose the Canon.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Turned off mobile phone. Went to paint - From scanner or camera is now greyed out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok if it is greyed out it means the twain driver got corrupted and is no longer installed.
Are you using 32 or 64bit windows 7? If you're not sure click on start then right click on computer and click properties.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

64 bit

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine using these two downloads: Click Here and Here

Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No progress Freddy. Exactly the same position. I note on the printer screen it says PC Local (USB) but the connection is by WiFi don't know if this is relevant

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You did not mention you were connecting it through WiFi before.
I will opt out and move this to networking for you.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my apologies

Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network / printer / computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to print?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you