Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a router, netgear, which seems to be too old for the

Customer Question

I have a router, netgear, which seems to be too old for the internet connection; I have had it for about 10/15 years. I have a computer, a laptop, a smart phone and a tablet, and I can only use the internet, when I am in the room where the router is. Can you advise me how I can get hold of a more modern one?
Category: Networking
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

I would like to know which router are you currently using so i can analyse the current scenario and recommend what we need in order to improve performance and signal strength.

Therefore, can you please look at the bottom of your netgear routers and tell me what the part number or the model number is?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Netgear dg834g

Judith,

Who is your internet provider?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

aol.com

Can you go to www.getip.com OR click the link below:

www.getip.com

You will get a number like 12.14.10.10 on your screen after you visit that site.

Please reply me with that number here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have asked me 5 times for my email address, and every time you reply that someone else has this address??

Judith,

I am an IT expert only and have no access to your account details neither have i sent any message asking for your email address.

www.getip.com

Please reply me with that number here.

Expert:  Zoe-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer-networking/84xge-router-netgear-seems-old.html

Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.