ChrisC
ChrisC, PC Technician
Experience:  15 years as a professional network technician.
56108293

is the netgear wnda3100 compatible with the panasonic dmp

is the netgear wnda3100 compatible with the panasonic dmp bd45?
Category: Networking
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, the WNDA 3100 is not compatible with the DMP BD45. The Netgear adapter is designed exclusively for desktop or laptop computers running Windows XP or higher.

The primary problem you'd run into is that the Blu-Ray player wouldn't know what to do with the wireless adapter because it can't run the adapter's drivers (the software problem which tells the device how to interact with the hardware). This is, unfortunately, going to be the case with any USB wireless adapters.

If you want a Blu-Ray player that has wireless networking capabilities, then you would simply need to purchase a player that has that functionality built in.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know. You can reply back to me at any time via the "Reply to Expert" tab.

And please remember to rate the answer at least "OK Service" or better for me before you run so that I receive credit for assisting you.