Justin
Justin, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

My desktop pc is the cloud PC and can access my Aspire E1-571

Customer Question

My desktop pc is the cloud PC and can access my Aspire E1-571 and also Ipad. But I have problems the other way around (Aspire to desktop) when prompted to enter the password XXXXX get into the desktop with the password XXXXX

Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to Justanswer.

There's a few reasons for the failing password, you'll have to determine which one. I also have a recommendation at the end that should resolve it regardless.

1) You have to use the correct username with the computer. For example, it wants the desktop user and password, so for the username you would do this. desktopname\username

Exactly like that, you'll need to determine the desktop's name, and it will specify to use that user (and not the user that the aspire is using).

2) If the username's are the same on both machines, for example, your name, it will fail on password, common issue in Windows. It tries to automatically use the password from the requesting machine.

3) Since it's internal network sharing, turn off passwords by going to network and sharing center. Click advanced sharing options, and disable "require password for shared resources" or something similar.

If you MUST have a password on your internal network for the shared resource, the issue is either going to be step 1 or step 2.

Please remember to rate the service provided once we've resolved the issue. If not, simply use the reply/continue button with further details.