RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

I am attempting to connect to Bluetooth device, but keep getting

Customer Question

I am attempting to connect to Bluetooth device, but keep getting 0x8007048f coming up, can u assist please...
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi William,
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Please follow these steps>Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for Services. To do this, follow these steps

1. Click Start , copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Start Searchbox, and then press ENTER:
    services.msc
  2. In the Programs list, click Services.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
  3. Press and hold the Connect button on the bottom of the mouse. If your device has a battery indication light, it will blink and alternate between red and green to indicate that the device is discoverable.
  4. On the computer, open the Bluetooth software. The Bluetooth software is typically located in Control Panel. For more information about opening the Bluetooth software, see the "How to open the Bluetooth software" section.
  5. Click the Devices tab, and then click Add.
  6. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

A Microsoft Bluetooth mouse does not require a passkey to connect to the computer. If you are prompted for a passkey, select No passkey. If you do not get the No Passkey option, try to enter 0000as a passkey by using your keyboard.

a) Open Control Panel by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.

b) In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

c) In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following:

a. To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

When a Bluetooth enabled computer is in discovery mode, it broadcasts a wireless signal that allows it to be detected by other Bluetooth enabled computers or devices. This is sometimes called pairing mode.

b. To allow Bluetooth devices to connect to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

c. To be notified when a Bluetooth device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.