RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

I have registered my kindle that arrived today but I am having

Customer Question

I have registered my kindle that arrived today but I am having trouble in the kindle accepting the password XXXXX I enter--- I have tried entering the password XXXXX the router then my amazon password XXXXX finally ? do I need to create a password?

Help please----------- Dianne Whitford
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Diane,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX assist you with your Kindle.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
You will need an Amazon account username and password XXXXX register the Kindle. The wifi password XXXXX your router will get the Kindle connected to the internet. If you do not have a Amazon account, >PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CREATE THE ACCOUNT<
If you need to start again on the Kindle please follow these steps>

Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network.A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password XXXXX the onscreen keyboard. Make sure that you enter the uppercase (CAPITAL) and lowercase (small) letters exactly. Otherwise, the wireless connection will fail.
  • If you need help locating your password XXXXX me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for the prompt reply--but is my password the number on the router, my talktalk password or do I create a password? This is what I need to know, because whatever I put in fails.

Yes, the wifi password is usually on the router label. That is the one that you use to connect the Kindle to the internet. Then you will need the Amazon account to register after you get connected to wifi. Let me know if you have any problems or questions.