Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have bought a Kindle paperwhite and I have Hudl. I am most

Customer Question

I have bought a Kindle paperwhite and I have Hudl. I am most disappointed and frustrated to get the darn things telling me I am not connected to the internet. I also get check Wi-Fi. I must tell you I am not clued up with computers. Help please.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Jill! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the kindle connected to Wi-Fi/wireless yet? What's the model of your internet/wireless modem/router deivce? Also, do you have a windows or mac computer, if any?

Can you please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=61ffaedc-d069-4749-a401-b6a2800fd23c

What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, etc.?

At the Wi-Fi/wireless setting on the kindle, does it see your wireless network name and/or any other wireless network name?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My laptop is windows 8.1. The setting on the kindle is BTHub4-ZSCF

Thank you. On the kindle, tap on BTHub4-ZSCF , then enter the password XXXXX prompted (the wireless password/key is at the back/bottom of your bt homehub device; it is case-sensitive), then let me know what happens. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It said the same as before I was not connected to the internet. Funny that I am talking to you on internet!
Sorry, On the kindle, tap on BTHub4-ZSCF , then enter the password XXXXX prompted, what does it say? Does it ask for password?

Can you press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check? Go back to WiFi setting and see if it's showing connected.

Please let me know. Thank you