Claws224
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I today bought and installed a Canon multifunctional MG7150

Customer Question

I today bought and installed a Canon multifunctional MG7150 printer. I have an Apple iMac computer running OS10.9.1. I can print fine over the network and I can scan to an SD card on the printer, but when I try to scan over the network, wirelessly, I get the message 'An error occurred while communicating with the scanner'. I have tried reinstalling all the software Full Driver & Software Package File version 1.1 for OS 10.6-10.9. I have tried restarting my computer and turning the printer on and off. I still get the error message. Just to make things stranger, before I installed the Full Driver & Software Package I loaded only the scanner software and driver. That seemed to work. The problem started when I discovered the Full Package at the bottom of the list and loaded this. One of the main reasons for being the printer was to scan wirelessly. Please advise Terry Blake

This is no longer a problem.  I solved it with the help of the Apple support community.  Please cancel my payment as you have not offered a solution.

Thank You

Category: Networking