Josh
Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

why wont my kobo arc recognise my router it just says authenticating

why wont my kobo arc recognise my router it just says authenticating .have tried other routers and had the same thing.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

If the Kobo is having issues with all routers then the issue is with the Kobo itself.

Let's try a factory reset on the Kobo and see if it works after the restore. If it does not work after the restore then it has hardware issues and you will need a replacement.

Please go to the home screen and press the MENU button.
Click on Privacy then Factory data reset; read the disclaimer. Click on Reset and Erase everything.

If it does not work after that then you will need to contact Kobo technical support for a replacement. Here is their number ---> 1-855-732-3662
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi josh have tried to put the password XXXXX but comes up with unable to join network please try again which I have +

Hi Barry,

Are you 100% sure that is your wireless network password? That could be the issue as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi josh again I have just going into my wi fi it is downloading updates which I hope it means it is going to work it is at 7% at the moment

Barry,

That is great news! Let me know how it goes and if everything is okay, please rate our session using the smiley faces below.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just one more question wile it is downloading would you know why my computer knows the kobo but kobo desktop does not

Barry,

No - It sounds like you have an outdated version of Kobo desktop and it needs to be updated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi josh it has come back thanks for your help

You are so welcome!

Please rate our session using the smiley faces and press submit so that I am credited with helping you.