Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I have received a message that there is another IP address

I have received a message that there is another IP address the same as mine. What do I do about this. Also that Windows updates are getting an error message and cannot be installed.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Jason :

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name isXXXXX look forward to helping you today.

Jason :

When Windows tells you that a duplicate IP address is being used, it means that two or more computers or devices on your network have the same IP address.

Jason :

More often than not, if you simply unplug the power to your router or modem and plug it back in, it will automatically solve that problem because it will force all the computers to get a new IP address that is not a duplicate.

Jason :

As far as the Windows Update issues goes, the culprit can be one of many. May I ask if the problem is with one specific Windows Update or with them all?

Jason :

Please, keep me updated. I see that you are not online. When you are ready to continue, please, post a message here.

Jason :

Customer:

please send your answer again as it has not appeared.

Jason :

Jason :

You do not see my text from above?

Jason :

You have to scroll up to see it.

Jason :

I will change the layout of the page to help you.

Jason :

Please, continue below.

Thank you for the update.

No extra charge:
May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=f4093b43-d8d8-4e02-842a-70528e97b090

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have clicked onto the link but have continually failed to run the remote application - I have tried 9 times with various links.

Thank you for the update.

Let's try another option below.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The number appearing is 169 370 775

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

169 370 775