Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

i am trying to get bluetooth from my computer to my iPad

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It cannot connect to the computer over Bluetooth.

What you need to do is do it over Wifi (also wireless).

If your iPad is connect to your wireless network, then in iTunes, do the following to connect over wifi.

Open iTunes

To set up Wi-Fi syncing, connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable.

Click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button first.) If you don't see your device, choose View > Hide Sidebar.

In the Summary tab, select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi."

When the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, the iOS device will appear in iTunes, and you can sync it. The iOS device will sync automatically when the following conditions are true:

The iOS device is charging.

iTunes is open on the computer.

The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.

While the iOS device is in the left-hand column of iTunes, you can select the content tabs and configure sync options.

Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.