Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
76287196

Im having difficulty connecting my PIXMA MG3550 to my acer

Customer Question

Im having difficulty connecting my PIXMA MG3550 to my acer chromebook (cloud)
Category: Networking
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.

JoelK :

Hello. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

Are you connecting wirelessly? What is your operating system?

JoelK :

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-w2eioyby- :

I am connecting wirelessly. my operating system is sky7683D

JACUSTOMER-w2eioyby- :

my

JoelK :

I am not familiar with the ChromeBook, but I will try to help you in general terms, if that is okay with you

JACUSTOMER-w2eioyby- :

O.K chears

JoelK :

Have you installed the printer software on your computer and selected the wireless option?

JoelK :

With your printer turned on?

JoelK :

Hello.

JACUSTOMER-w2eioyby- :

this is a chromebook it does not have a disc port but I have connected the printer and followed instructions without luck.

JoelK :

Okay. So have you downloaded the printer software from Canon website?

JACUSTOMER-w2eioyby- :

yes

JoelK :

What you need to do next is to go to the printer control panel and connect the printer to your wifi network, so that your ChromeBook can see it.

JACUSTOMER-w2eioyby- :

how do I find printer control panel?

JoelK :

It's the one on your printer.

JoelK :

The touch screen on your Canon printer has menus that you can navigate through to find the network setup menu.

JACUSTOMER-w2eioyby- :

This canon does not have a screen but it is (cloud) therefore should work

JoelK :

I am sorry, but I am having trouble communicating with you. I am in the US, and I cannot access the Canon UK website for any information on your printer. It is very late here, and I am very tired. I am going to opt out and let someone else solve this. Your printer must have a control panel, and if you cannot find it, then I cannot help you.

Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue.

1. Do you know how to connect the printer to wireless?

2. Do you have a wireless modem/router device? If yes, what's the model of the wireless modem/router device? And do you know if it has the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button/feature on it?

3. Do you also have a windows or mac computer that we can use temporarily for setting up the printer the first time?

4. And do you have a USB printer cable that we can use temporarily also?

5. Are you stuck at any step when following the instructions? Is there any error or message?

https://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG3550.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:13-1088651&page=1&type=faq

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

I apologize for my inability to help you last night. It was not your fault. I just needed some much needed rest. I have had some time to think about your problem, and I do understand that your printer can have no control panel. It has been awhile since I have dealt with that, but it is not a problem.

You do need a usb printer cable, so that the chromebook can control the printer temporarily, while we establish a wireless connection. The usb printer cable has a flat rectangular usb connector on one end and a square printer connector that is keyed with a diagonal corner on the other end.

If you do not have one, they can be found at most convenience stores for under $10 or at any electronics store for slightly more.

Please reply when you have the printer cable, and I will be able to help you at that time.