Josh
Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Hi Ive been trying to connect to kindle store from my

I've been trying to connect to kindle store from my kindle, and it keeps coming up as error occured, my husband is also having the same problem with his kindle. hope you can help

Many Thanks

Rosie Mcloughlin
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please unplug the router and wait 1 minute. Plug back in the router and wait another 1 minute.

Press and hold down the POWER button on the Kindle for 20-25 seconds until it restarts and after the restart, try again. You will need to do the same steps on the other Kindle. (You do not have to unplug the router again if it works for the first Kindle)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have done as you suggested and it has not worked
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Which Kindle model do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
kindle touch Do1200
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Rosaleen,

Let's try a factory restore which will restore the Kindle back to factory BUT the books will download again for you after the restore when you register it. You will not have to pay for the books again.

Take a look at this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwEx4dTj5Dw

Let me know the results after the factory restore
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HI Josh

Tried all the steps in u tube video, it connected for a little while and then disconnected again
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Same error again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no net works found is whats appearing, so I re-entered network password, and still nothing.....

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Do you have any other devices such as a laptop that is connected wirelessly? Do they have issues?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I am currently using ipad and no problems with this, or any other device.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Try factory resetting the other Kindle and see if you have the same problem. I am trying to isolate the issue to the network or a certain Kindle .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry Josh I should have mentioned, I tried the reset technique on that kindle also and it hasn't worked either. that kindle is a different model to mine, cant see the model number

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Did this problem just start or have the Kindles always had issues ? Did you get a new router recently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes we had a new router installed about three months ago, this is the first time I have gone to purchase a book, I normally buy a few books at a time, my husband thinks the problem with his started around the same time as when we got the new router.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
What is the make/model of that router? I think we have found the culprit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Make is TP-LINK

TL- WR74ON

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Rosaleen,

The Kindle has a hate relationship with TP routers. There are so many bad reviews on the Kindle connecting with the TP routers and the difficulty that users had.

Is there any way to get a different router from your ISP?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I think that is what I will have to do, I will get on to the company who supply us tomorrow.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Great!

The new router should work just fine with the Kindles.

Let me know if you have any issues or anymore questions!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's great Josh

Thank you for your help, very frustrating when your not good on the technical side, but at least I know the root of it now, if as I know I will! have other issues in the future i.e mac computer and so on I can come back to you. great service.

Thanks again

Rosie

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
You are so welcome!

Please rate EXCELLENT below this answer using the smiley face and press Submit otherwise I do not receive credit.
Josh, Helpdesk
Experience: Expert for over 10 years