Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

we have 2 wireless printers which go offline together and after

we have 2 wireless printers which go offline together and after exhaustive attempts over several days to reconnect to no avail connection returns at a totally unrelated time without further effort.As it does affect both printers and my main printer (brother MFC-J6710DW) reports that connection is available, the fault may be connected with the broadband.
can you help me please.
brian soppitt
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the make and model of your internet modem please Brian?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BTHub3-S8RK I thought I was through to BT?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, this is just answer Brian, we are a technical help desk that deals with these problems.

Have you removed the power from the BT Modem, powered off the printers.

Then powered on the BT Modem, power on the printers and checked if it now comes online?

If not, can you do this and let me know the results please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have reinstated connection but that doesn't explain what is happening.

How is it I am logged onto you and not BT ? I have made a mistake.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You came to this site Brian, this is why your here, we are a technical support site for these products.

The problem was that the modem had crashed and was not assigning a proper wireless lease.

This can occur with the BT Modems, and a full restart, which is what we did, is how to resolve this.

It is an issue that plagues most wireless modems at times caused by bugs in the firmware.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.