Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I have bought a new laptop and am trying to conect to the internet.

I have bought a new laptop and am trying to conect to the internet. I have been asked for the network security key but don't know what it is. where would I find it please?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ann! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have an (old) laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thomson speed touch and Windows Vista

Can you please check at the back/bottom of your Thomson speed touch for the modelo, and/or wireless network name/SSID and/or any password/key/WPA/WEP/etc.?

Can I connect remotely to your old computer, so we can chat, and I will be able to find out the password/key directly for you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

Can you please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=acd890d0-f3ce-41b7-b1c6-634a1392768e

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.