hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer networking problems
40928634

Hi, I have some photos on my friends facebook that I have asked

Customer Question

Hi, I have some photos on my friends facebook that I have asked them to remove but they have not. Years have passed and I am no longer in touch with them, but they still have my photos on their facebook. I want to know how I can get facebook to remove them, or pay a professional to get them removed? Please help.
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

If you go into your photo album and look at the "Photos of you" tab. These are the photos that you have been tagged in by other people.

If you click the eraser on the top right corner of any photos in question, you can choose to untag yourself or report the photo to Facebook. This will then remove the photo from your timeline.

This won't delete the photo from their Facebook page if they took it. It will only remove the tag of you. You can then report the photo to Facebook if you have a good reason why it should be removed.

Going forward, in your privacy settings you can select "Timeline and Tagging" from the left hand side and choose not to let tagged photos be automatically added to your timeline; rather you have to approve any tagged photos first. You can get to your privacy settings by clicking the down arrow on the top right corner of your Facebook page and left clicking the "settings" option.