RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

I have just bought a wireless Canon printer, MG64650, and cannot

I have just bought a wireless Canon printer, MG64650, and cannot print from my Mac. The printer will copy and print, and the Mac recognises the Canon as its default printer, but whenever I try to print it says it is printing but nothing happens. I have inserted the accompanying CD but it does not automatically read this. What do I do next?

Ashley
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 3 years ago.
I have had similar issues with getting the wireless canon printers to communicate with Mac computers. The way to resolve this will be to delete the printer and then readd the printer while it is connected with the USB cable. Add as a USB printer and test print then add as a wireless printer.

Deleting /Adding the Printer to the Printer List (Mac OS X)

Note: After confirming that the cable is connected and the printer is powered on, perform the following:

*Users with Mac OS versions older than Leopard (OS X 10.5.x ) click here .

1. In the Apple menu, open System Preferences.

2. Open Print and Fax.

3. Be sure that the printer to be deleted is highlighted in the Printers section.

4. Click the Minus (-) sign, then click 'OK' on the confirmation message. The printer is deleted.

5. To add the printer, click the Plus (+) sign.

6. Select the printer to add, then click 'Add'.*

* For Canon network printers, the printer must be selected from the Canon IJ Network dropdown in the More Printers tab ( see examples, below )

7. The printer is added.

Deleting /Adding the Printer to the Printer List (Mac OS X ver 10.4.x)

1. Open Applications, and Utilities, and double-click the 'Printer Setup Utility' icon.

Note: Printer Setup Utility has a different name, depending on the Mac OS X version. In versions prior to Mac OS X 10.3.x, double-click the Print Center icon. The above is an image using Mac OS X Ver. 10.3.x. The display in prior versions appears different. The images are an example using the i80 model.

2. Highlight the printer you wish to delete and click 'Delete' .

3. Click 'Add' on the toolbar.

4. Select 'USB' (for network printers, select Canon IJ Network or Canon BJ Network depending on model) from the pop-up menu (10.2x and 10.3x OS's)

5. Select the printer name you are using, and click 'Add' (The printer you are using is added to the Printer List dialog).

10.3 screen

10.4 screen

Re-adding the printer to the Printer List is complete.

Laughing

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX get back to you as soon as I have bought this new cable.

Regards, Ashley

Okay, sounds good.
let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have plugged the connecting cable in, reloaded the printer, still no joy. The Canon MG6450 is not given in the list of printers.

Ashley

Okay, try this next please. Download and install the MG6540 DRIVER from the link below. Then download and install the IJ NETWORK TOOL.

>PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DRIVER<
.
>CLICK HERE OFR THE IJ NETWORK TOOL<
.
Also install these if you do not already have them>
My Image Garden

Experience: Network Technician