Note: After confirming that the cable is connected and the printer is powered on, perform the following:*Users with Mac OS versions older than Leopard (OS X 10.5.x ) click here .
1. In the Apple menu, open System Preferences.
2. Open Print and Fax.
3. Be sure that the printer to be deleted is highlighted in the Printers section.4. Click the Minus (-) sign, then click 'OK' on the confirmation message. The printer is deleted.5. To add the printer, click the Plus (+) sign.6. Select the printer to add, then click 'Add'.** For Canon network printers, the printer must be selected from the Canon IJ Network dropdown in the More Printers tab ( see examples, below )7. The printer is added.
1. Open Applications, and Utilities, and double-click the 'Printer Setup Utility' icon.Note: Printer Setup Utility has a different name, depending on the Mac OS X version. In versions prior to Mac OS X 10.3.x, double-click the Print Center icon. The above is an image using Mac OS X Ver. 10.3.x. The display in prior versions appears different. The images are an example using the i80 model.
2. Highlight the printer you wish to delete and click 'Delete' .
3. Click 'Add' on the toolbar.
4. Select 'USB' (for network printers, select Canon IJ Network or Canon BJ Network depending on model) from the pop-up menu (10.2x and 10.3x OS's)
5. Select the printer name you are using, and click 'Add' (The printer you are using is added to the Printer List dialog).10.3 screen10.4 screen
Re-adding the printer to the Printer List is complete.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX get back to you as soon as I have bought this new cable.
I have plugged the connecting cable in, reloaded the printer, still no joy. The Canon MG6450 is not given in the list of printers.
Okay, try this next please. Download and install the MG6540 DRIVER from the link below. Then download and install the IJ NETWORK TOOL.
>PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DRIVER<.>CLICK HERE OFR THE IJ NETWORK TOOL<.Also install these if you do not already have them>My Image Garden