Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

How do I get itvplayer from the internet into my bluray so

How do I get itvplayer from the internet into my bluray so that I can watch on Samsung tv?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

What is the make and model of the Blueray player?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player Model no. BD-F5100

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Clifford.

The only way to view the itvPlayer will be via your computer onto the TV.

If you tell me the make and model of your computer, I can tell you what hardware is required.

Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does not have a makers name or model as it is a computer constructed by a local expert. I already receive BBCiplayer and can watch previously days programms, also Youtube videos but cannot receive itvplayer I just want the general method of how to download itvplayer so that I have ALL channels available. thankyou

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You can do it on the TV if you have a Samsung Smart TV,

Go to the SmartHub on the TV, search for itvplayer and install it from there.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no "SmartHub" on my TV. It is a Samsung LED TV Model UE32F500 and only purchased it a couple of weeks ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you will only be able to do it via the computer as it is not a full Smart TV.

You would need to connect your TV to your computer by using this cable below.

http://www.amazon.com/Portta-PETVHT-Audio-HDMI-Converter/dp/B0015YWV1G

Then you run the ITVplatyer on your computer, and it will display on the TV.

But with your setup, this is what you will have to do Clifford.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My TV is already connected to my computer via Bt wireless hub and linked by TP-LINK AV500 Powerline adapters. As I originally asked, all I want to do is run itvplayer (which I can see on my computer) and then transfer it to my TV. As I pointed out I already have BBC iplayer (which came already set up on the Blu-ray player) and can view BBC programmes but now I want to do the same with ITV. Are you sure that the product will be necessary as I am already connected. I am not sure what it will do can you confirm before I spend any money?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, but you need to connect the Video output to the TV.

This is the product you have to have to do this.

It connects the VGA port on the computer to the TV, so that the display is sent to it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Desktop computer is upstaire in my bedroom and my TV is at the other side of the house and is located downstairs, so a very long length of cable would be required - this would not be possible. Hence, that is why my tv is connected to my computer by wireless hub.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This is the only way unless you have a Tablet computer or iPad?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ah well! You have been very good and patient in trying to solve my problem, but you have failed to supply a happy answer due to my so called "very latest up-date equipment"

I thought I was 'buying the best' but obviously I wasn't. The TV and Blu-ray are Samsung and I would recommend them anytime to anyone but just make sure what you want before you purchase. Thank you for your help - I just it would have been more positive.

Regards,

Clifford

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I understand Clifford.

I can only tell you the reality of the situation with the equipment you have.

What you needed to buy was a full Smart TV which runs Apps, ITVPlatey being one of them

As you do not have this, you need to run it from the computer via the adapter I advised.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Network Architect
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking