Richard, Network Architect
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a 3 year old 40UE6710 that seems to have lost its ability

I have a 3 year old 40UE6710 that seems to have lost its ability to connect via the internal wireless connection. The router is working with all my other devices - is there anything else I can do but keep trying the interface?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please how you reset the router?

And what is the make and model of the router?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Power cycled the routed

Netgear WNR2200

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Allan,

That is restarted, not reset (just so you know in the future).

When it fails to connect to the network, what is the error you receive?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Various - sometimes no connection, sometimes the menu dies. If it get to the point where I can enter a password, then the system continually pops up yellow window telling me that the service I want is not available due to a technical error, try later

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Allan.

Its not the router thats the problem but the TV.

Either the Firmware, internal memory or network adapter.

We will need to do a reset in order to confirm which is the issue.

To do this please do the following.

With the TV powered on and using the TVs remote control press and hold EXIT on the TV remote for 12 seconds.

Tip: While holding down the exit button the standby light should blink the entire time without interruption.

The Factory Reset screen appears displaying a warning message. Cancel is initially highlighted.

Press the left arrow button to highlight OK, press ENTER

After the TV completes the Factory Reset, the TV powers itself off.

When you power the TV on for the first time after the Factory Reset, the Plug & Play screen appears just as if you had turned the TV on for the first time.

Connect it again to the network and tell me please if it now functions.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got at the reset screen through the menu - holding exit did not work. TV resets and reboots - click through to the network screen. TV sees the wireless network - enter password ***** connection fails. Try again - does not see the network. Much as before.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Its the network card that is failing sorry Allan.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. The fact that the issue continues confirms it is a hardware fault, and is the network card.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have the card replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know how much a repair will cost but I can't see it being much less than £200 if you throw in the time and hassle. I can get a new model for £449 - I'm inclined to throw the money at that and sell the old one. I like the TV dispite this problem - it does exactly what I want and at £449 its a good deal