KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Do I have to have a Wy.Fy connection or can I get onto Broadband

Customer Question

Do I have to have a Wy.Fy connection or can I get onto Broadband . As far as I understand my computer Broadband conection is what I`m on.
Category: Networking
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Kamil and i will do my best to assist you.

Almost, every desktop and laptops provides an Ethernet port, with which you can connect directly to the modem provided by ISP.

The port looks like this on a Laptop

AND

Like this on a desktop:

This means, that you do not need to have a Wi-Fi if the equipment you have supports connection over Ethernet.

However, certain devices such as iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices that do not have this port requires a Wi-Fi to be connected to the broadband.

As far as i know, most ISPs in the UK do provide a broadband modem now a days which works in both ways.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

And, if you can take a second to rate my service that will be greatly appreciated.