Omer
Omer, Network Administrator
Experience:  Been a Network Administrator for 5 years
37817776

I have just purchased a new Hp Photosmart All in one 5520 printer

I have just purchased a new Hp Photosmart All in one 5520 printer and have got my laptop and desk top to connect through my homewifi without any trouble but my Ipad seems to have set up a connection under wifi as follows HP-Print-8C- Photosmart 5520 and will not allow me to print any page of the internet without me going into Settings and changing from the home network to the HP wifi network each time I want to print.
I then have to remember to go back into settings and change back to the home network before I can use the Internet again. Surely I should not have to do this.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer :

Hi and thanks for using just answer
Have you tried installing the HP eprint Mobile app?

You can download it to your Ipad by going to the App store and searching for Hp eprint while connected to your wifi open the app and it should be able to find your printer.

Sometimes this app can get around the wireless setting changes unfortunately not all printers can use this app without the wireless network change you are describing.

I would try and use this app to see if it is a work around for your steps as it is the only other option to the AIrprint steps you are currently using.

Customer:

Their is already an eprint button on the printer but I have not downloaded the APP. However does this mean that each time I want to print a page I still have to come out of the internet open the App in order to print the page.

Omer :

the app it self has a web browser that you can search in it with so you can print straight from the app.

You can also bring up the print option at any point in your browser if you are not using the app.
By clicking the send or the button on the screen that looks like a Square with an arrow pointing up and select print

Customer:

Ok I will give it a try.