Nick H.
Nick H., PC Technician
Experience:  Troubleshooting and support Networking issues for more than 12 years.
63271161

Hi, my kindle fire was working fine, then I couldnt get connected

Hi, my kindle fire was working fine, then I couldn't get connected to my internet connection. It's not recognising my internet connection it's saying that it's not in range.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Please try to do the following methods:

First, please turn off your Wifi router (Not your device Wifi. Your home/work wifi router/modem.) for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and try to connect your Kindle Fire tablet to wifi.

If that does not work, on your tablet, go back to Wifi Settings. Tap (or tap and hold) the wifi connection. Tap to Forget option. Turn off your tablet and turn it back on. Try to connect to wifi again.

If not working, press Power button on your Kindle Fire for 20-25 seconds. Your Kindle will reboot. Try to connect to wifi again.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried all of the above and my tablet is still not showing my network connection!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Jacqui,

Thanks for getting back to me. This could be a problem with software. We can reset your Kindle Fire.

This will delete all content on your Kindle Fire and you'll need to register it again before downloading items from your Amazon account.:

1. Tap the Settings icon (top right corner), then tap More.
  2. Tap Device.
  3. Tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  4. Confirm to reset.
  5. After reset, setup your Kindle.
  6. Connect to wifi and register to your Amazon account.
  7. Download your books, apps, and games from Amazon store through Cloud (Apps->Cloud, Books->Cloud).

Please let me know how it worked out. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nick

I have set to factory default and my tablet is still not picking up my internet connection.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Jacqui,

That is odd. This could be a problem with the Kindle Fire wifi.

When and where did you purchase your Kindle Fire?

Please bring your Kindle Fire to another location and test with wifi. See if your Kindle will see and connect to wifi. This is a test to see if wifi works or not.

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought my kindle of the internet last September. It was showing next doors connections plus more, there was a hotspot that was asking for payment before I reset it, so I'm assuming it will work!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Jacqui.

You said that you changed your wifi router and still get this issue?

Computer and other devices connect to wifi fine?

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only have one other device which is my computer and that's working fine.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Jacqui,

Please press Power button on your Kindle Fire again for 30 seconds. Release and unlock Kindle Fire. Go to wifi settings and see if your home wifi will come up.

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still not showing my connection.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Please power off your wifi router. Wait for another 5 minutes. Turn wifi router on. On your Kindle Fire, check to see if your home wifi comes up.

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nick

Still no joy!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your update.

Based on my 3 years experience supporting Kindle Fire, this is a problem with your Kindle tablet. All the methods we tried should make your Kindle detect and connect to your home wifi.

Please go to Amazon website. Log into your account. Select Contact Us or Support link. Chat with Kindle support rep. They will be able to arrange a replacement tablet for you. A replacement Kindle tablet should work with you home wifi.

Nick