RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

I have a Epson BX610FW printer which worked on the network

I have a Epson BX610FW printer which worked on the network Lan every time.Suddenly it cannot be linked and under Printers is shown as ...Not connected?
How do I get the printer back on my Network
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 3 years ago.

My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Epson BX610FW printer.
Please try these steps.
Disconnect the lan cable and power cable from the printer, then power off the router. Then power on the router and reconnect the cables to the printer. Then Power on the printer.

•  

• Do not turn off the power or unplug the printer while making settings on the control panel.
    • Setting network while accessing the memory card may interrupt access.
  • Enter the Setup mode.
  • Select Network Settings.
  • Select General Network Setup.
  • Confirm the printer name.

The printer name is ***** ***** access or identify the printer on the network.

The default setting is 'EPSONXXXXXX' (X: Last 6 digits of the MAC address). To change the printer name, retype the text.

• Set TCP/IP Address settings.

Normally, the broadband router or access point will automatically allocate a IP address to the printer. To use this option, select Auto.

To assign a unique or static IP address to the printer, select Manual, and enter the IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. These details can be gained from the network status sheet and from the Windows IP Configuration command.

• Set the DNS server.

Normally, the broadband router or access point will automatically allocate a DNS server address to the printer. To use this option, select Auto.

To specify the DNS server address, select Manual, and enter the Primary DNS Server and Secondary DNS Server addresses.

• Set the proxy server address.

Select Do Not Use.

To use the proxy server, select Use, and enter the Proxy Server address and Port.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in MACox where will I find setup,sorry

: Press the Home button on the printer's control panel. Select Setup and press OK.

If your printer is wireless follow these steps please>>

1. Power on the printer.

Note:

2. Enter the Setupmode.

• Stylus SX510W/SX515W: Press Setup on the printer's control panel.
    • Stylus SX610FW, Stylus Office BX610FW, Stylus Photo PX710W, Stylus Photo PX810FW: Press the Home button on the printer's control panel if necessary. Select Setup and press OK.

Note:

PX810FW users: As your All-In-One has a touch panel, you do not need to select "OK" to enter the Setup menu, simply press Setup on the touch panel. This will apply for most other instructions throughout this article which advise to press "OK" to enter a menu.

3. Press the Left or Right arrow button until Network Settings is highlighted. Press the OKbutton to select it.

4. In Network Settings, use the Up or Down arrow button to highlight Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.

5. Select Setup Wizard and press OK.

Note:

When a memory card is inserted in the printer, a warning message may be displayed. If a message appears, check the message and then click OK.

6. Select the SSID (network name) that you would like to connect to. This is the name of your network e.g. "JoeBloggsInternet", "MyInternetServiceProvider123".

Note:

If a wireless network is not found, a warning message is displayed. Check the LAN environment being used, return to Wireless LAN Setup, and try again. To enter the SSID manually, follow the steps in the next section.

7. Enter the security key set in the router. If your network is unsecured, select Noneand move to the next step.

WEP Key inputWPA Key input

Note:

If you need help with entering the correct settings, see the above section How do I find out my network settings?

Setting up the printer on a wireless LAN - Option 2: Using the Advanced Setup (Manual)

Before you begin the printer setup, verify that the access point is turned on and communication is available.

1. Make sure that the printer is powered on.

Note:

2. Enter the Setupmode.

Note:

3. Press the Left or Right arrow button to select Network Settings. Press the OKbutton to select it.

4. Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.

5. Select Advanced Setup and press OK.

6. Select Manual Setup/Manual Wireless LAN Setup and press OK. Then press OKto the establish connection prompt.

Note:

7. As you connect to your network via a wireless router, select Infrastructure Mode. more information on wireless network types, see the following Related Article: Wireless Networking: Explanation of the available Wireless LAN connection methods

8. Select Search SSID. If no SSID appears, check whether the access point is available for communication.

Note:

To enter the SSID manually, select Enter SSID. If the network SSID is hidden for security reasons then it will not be shown in the list; press the Back button to return to the previous step, and enter the SSID manually.

Enter the SSID exactly, making sure you enter all characters in the correct case.

• Use the Up or Down arrow button to assign a character (e.g. a letter or number) in each character field, using the Right arrow button to move to the next character field.
    • You can use the Menu button to change between character sets i.e. ABC, abc, 123.
    • To go back to a character input field, use the Left arrow button. Press [-] to delete a character.

Once you have input the full SSID, press the OK button.

9. Select the SSID (network name) that you would like to connect to. This is the name of your network e.g. "JoeBloggsInternet", "MyInternetServiceProvider123".

10. Select the correct security method and press OK. You will see the "None" and the "WEP" options first, you may need to press the Down button to view the "WPA" options. If your network is unsecured, select Noneand move to the next step.

• If you set WPA2 as the security type for the router, select either WPA-PSK (TKIP) or WPA-PSK (AES) as appropriate.
    • If WEP-64bit (40bit) or WEP-128bit (104bit)is selected, confirm the WEP Key Input Method.

• Select Alphanumeric when the WEP key is 5 or 13 characters long.
      • Select Hexadecimalwhen the WEP key is 10 or 26 digits long.

11. Enter the security key set in the router. If your network is unsecured, select Noneand move to the next step.

WEP Key inputWPA Key input

Note:

12. When you see the Confirm Settings screen, press OK.

Please wait 30 seconds for the printer to establish a wireless connection with the router. You will then need to confirm the network connection.

Confirming the network connection

1. After 30 seconds have passed, select Confirm Settings and press OK.

2. Here you can confirm the connection status. The information in this screen will tell you if the printer has successfully connected to the router and wireless LAN. Press the Downbutton to view more information. Make a note of the IP Address displayed for your printer, as you may require it later.

If you want to print a status sheet, press Start. Press the Copy or Home button to exit Setup mode. It's not possible to print from a computer when the product is in Setup mode.