JamesI
JamesI, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  James is CCNA certified and has experience setting up fibre and ethernet networks, and managing corporate network implementations
75967336

I have tried so many time to change my

Customer Question

I have tried so many time to change my ASUS Web storage password ***** it always fails with customer ID: *****@******.*** even though I tried a 7 digit password ***** a long 21 digit word I am getting frustrated What am I doing wrong I am sending this from my 'Dell Tower' with my ASUS close by Please advise Michael XXXX

Category: Networking
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

What error message did you get?

JACUSTOMER-jirh8cmn- :

whenincorrect id or password

JACUSTOMER-jirh8cmn- :

it said I had either the wrong Log In Identity or Wrong PASSWORD ***** though I tried inputting new ones many times with passwords either 8 digits long or 21 digits long

JACUSTOMER-jirh8cmn- :

Please e-mail at *****@******.*** when you are back on line and have an answer

JamesInch :

Hi sorry you e-mail address is hashed out so I can e-mail you.

JamesInch :

My suggestion is request a new password ***** the forgotten password ***** https://service.asuswebstorage.com/recovery/?fid=1

JamesInch :

Fill in the page with your ID, e-mail and content of security image, this should generate a password ***** you by e-mail.
From here this will validate that your using the correct username\e-mail and the password ***** using is valid.
Then its a case of just locking back in and going into your account and changing you password ***** some times systems can lock you out from changing your password ***** you have so many failed attempts or recently reset your password.
So you may find tomorrow it starts working all by itself, but lets get you logged in and ensure you happy your using the correct credentials.

JamesInch :

FYI I signed up for their free account and used the password "passwordpassword" and that was accepted, so you shouldnt need anything to cryptic for it to be accepted :-)

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
Hi, have you had a chance to change your password ***** yet using the fogotten password *****?