Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I HAVE AN EPSON WF-2530 PRINTER

Customer Question

I HAVE AN EPSON WF-2530 PRINTER, AND SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY WIRELESS CONNECTION. i THINK IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH NOT BEING iN THE HOMEGROUP? I HAVE PRINTED OFF AN EPSON STATUS SHEET THAT SAYS THE WIRELESS MODE IS ON, AND IS INFRASTRUCTURE MODE, BUT THE IP ADDRESS IS UNKNOWN. THERE IS A LOT MORE INFO, BUT NOT SURE OF ITS RELEVANCE. THANK YOU, DAVID XXXXXXX(XXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you need, first of all, to turn Off your wireless router by pulling the plug.
Then turn Off your printer also.
Then wait 2+ minutes.
Then turn the router On again.
Wait 2+ minutes.
Turn the printer On.
Check the printer's status sheet again... printing it off after 2+ minutes. Does it still show the IP address as unknown?

If not, try printing again.

Let me know what happens, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THE PRINTER IS SAYING"NO COMPUTER FOUND CHECK WI-FI DEVICE AND CONDITION

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

PRINTER STILL TRYING TO CONNECT, SO CANNOT ACCESS MENU TO GET ANOTHER PRINTOUT

OK. I take it that the printer is to be accessed without router.

Is your computer connected by way of its WiFi connection? i.e. is WiFi active on your computer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, that appears to be the problem. The printer is saying it cannot find the computer. There is a router, which i disconnected as you suggested, but the printer is not printing at all now

Please power the router On again, then see whether the printer shows anything different about 'connecting to the computer' or similar.

If you have already done that, then perhaps your printer is defective.

But first, try doing the wireless setup of the printer from scratch, according to the instructions for configuring the printer (and not bothering to reinstall the software on the computer - just the printer part of the instructions) on this page:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=209709&prodoid=63095160&foid=227610&cat=31023&subcat=108063

starting with the 'Press the WiFi Setup button' step:

graphic WIFI SETUP

and continuing by answering the prompts on the printer.

Let me know the result, or if you have any difficulty at any point. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, lost the will to spend any more of my life on this. Sorry,but problem not solved.

Well... take up the problem again whenever you feel like it and whenever you have time, please. The question and case can remain open until then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry,I appreciate your time, especially on a Sunday, but I spent over 4 hours waiting for replies and trying things, and just gave up. The next day my regular technician came, solved the printer problem, but also uncovered 319 Malware issues on my computer, which obviously did not help. However, I would recommend your service to friends, and have completed the questionnaire

I am glad to hear that the problem has been solved, by whatever means.

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to ask another question, at any time, in any one of our numerous categories.