MichelleNetwork
MichelleNetwork, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  MCP
26798893

Changed broadband from Sky to TalkTalk now Canon MG6350 all

Changed broadband from Sky to TalkTalk now Canon MG6350 all in one printer wont print. Am using laptop Windows 7
Category: Networking
Expert:  MichelleNetwork replied 2 years ago.
Hi this is Michelle and i will be assisting you today.
let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this just exceptionally slow - am getting no response

There are two ways i can help you fix the problem.
1. I give you steps on this chat and you follow the steps and let me know how it goes.
2.. I remote access to your computer and fix the problem right in front of your eyes and can use an interactive chat session on the remote screen.
let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would prefer if you gave me the steps in case it happens again

You will have to perform three stages of steps.
1. Reset the printer to default setting of wifi.
2. Uninstall printer software from the computer and then reboot it.
3. Re install printer driver using the wifi recommended settings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I reboot wont I lose my connection with you?

To reconnect you will have to open your email and open justanswer email there will be a green button view my answer.

If you need to reset your network settings back to factory default for example if you change your access point, you can do so by following these instructions:

Step 1

1. If your device is not displaying the screen shown below then please press the lit [HOME] button (A) to return to the home screen.

Step 2

1. Swipe the screen right to navigate to the [Setup] icon.

Step 3

1. Tap the [Setup] icon to enter the [Setup] screen.

Step 4

1. Tap [Device settings] to enter the [Device settings] screen.

Step 5

2. Tap [LAN settings].

Step 6

1. Tap [Reset LANsettings].

Step 7

1. A message [Reset Setting?] will be displayed, tap [Yes] to confirm, then a message [Processing…..please wait momentarily] will be displayed.

Step 8

1. A message [Following is completed, Reset LAN Setting] will be displayed, tap [OK] to complete the LAN settings reset process. You will return to the [LAN settings] screen, press the [HOME] button to return to the main screen.

The wireless network settings have been reset back to factory default settings.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK go ahead. If it would be easier to email me with the directions that's fine with me.

Did you check the steps i have already sent on your email, please do perform and let me know if there is any problem in reconnecting the printer on wifi. if you find any problem let me know i can fix it using remote access.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All done, what next?

If you have follow all the steps then it should print fine.
if you are unable to connect let me know i can remote access and fix it for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My replies don't seem to be getting through. Should I now uninstall printer software and reboot?

1. Reset the printer to default setting of wifi. did you follow the steps given above how to reset the printer wifi and lan if you have performed the above step then move to step 2 and 3.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are 11 separate items listed under "Canon" from scan utility to image garden and my printer - do I uninstall all of them?

you will have to uninstall the Canon MG6350 printer driver only.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to be sure - is that Canon MG6300 series MP Drivers?

That is correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Having trouble reinstalling printer driver - not sure where to find it - can you help please?

Click here to open driver download page

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Click where? No link

Try again the link is there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a windows 8.1 laptop as well, will I have to do the same uninstalling/reinstalling of printer drivers on it as well?

Absolutely correct you will have to follow the same steps on the other computer as well.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if you have more question feel free to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michelle - it took some doing. However I did think that you would take me through the uninstalling and reinstalling steps. Maybe you thought I knew what I was doing! We got there in the end.

Let me know if you were able to get it working and if not let me know i can remote access and get the printer working.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it's working fine thank you. ***** have to do the same again if I change broadband providers?

That is correct you will have to do the same steps if you changer your service provider.
Please dont forget to rate my service by hitting on the smiley and hit submit.
Thank you for using our service.
Experience: MCP