Russell H.
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I have a new panasonic Lumix and i have been trying to set

I have a new panasonic Lumix and i have been trying to set it to connect to my iphone via wifi. Firstly I have been unsuccessful with that and secondly my camera seems to have frozen, I am unable to switch it off or on and the zoom lens in permanently out. Please help!!!
Sara
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

If the battery/batteries in the camera are new, you might need to charge it/them thoroughly for 6+ hours before the first usage... they may have sat for a while unused and this often is needed when dealing with new batteries.

Please tell me the maker and model # ***** your camera.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?