p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Hi I have a sony smart tv it tells me the service cannot be

Hi I have a sony smart tv it tells me the service cannot be accessed at this time . And my internet is working fine also connected to my tv . What can I do ?
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Which model sony tv do you have?

Nathan :

What specific service/app are you trying to access? ie: Netflix, hulu, pandora, etc?

Nathan :

Does the problem happen in all apps, or just a certain one?

Nathan :

If you have not done so already, please attempt to go into the tv's setup menu and look for a firmware update (network/software update) and run that option, if it will allow you to do so. In many cases a firmware update will fix this issue.

If there is no update available, then you may have a problem caused by outdated firmware which has not had an applicable patch released yet by sony, or you may have a network connectivity problem that we can address further.

Customer: All of the apps are not working . It worked at first when I got my internet installed but no changed were made . I updated and reset everything . The model is kdl-40W600B. I checked the ip addresses and the others too everything is the same . When I try to refresh the internet connection it gives me a 5010 message . But when I go to network it says it's connected