RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

I have a Kindle paperwhite purchased from Amazon and have always

I have a Kindle paperwhite purchased from Amazon and have always ordered my books via whispernet. On 28/08/2014 I ordered via whispernet 'Unsticky', ord no D01-6984399-1501217 but it did not show on my device. Thinking it was just a blip I ordered the same way 'Marrying Daisy Bellamy', ord no D01-4646339-2262821. That didn't appear either. A little while later I received invoices for both books from Amazon. I have been trying to find out why this is happening. In the meantime I havee seen that both books appear in my list on KIndle for PC but I want them on my Kindle. Could you tell me what to do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that happened. The settings must have gotten off.
Try g going to Whispernet
Kindle displays the items you've downloaded on the Home screen. If you have Kindle content stored in your Kindle library that isn't displayed, you can download it from your Kindle library on Amazon.com when connected to Whispernet. Additional information is available on the Your Kindle Library Content Help page.
To download Archived Items wirelessly on your Kindle:
Connect to your library on your kindle.
Select "Archived Items" from the Home screen or "View Archived Items" from the Menu.
Select the item from the Archived Items screen.
To send Archived Items wirelessly from Manage Your Content and Devices:
Or you can Visit the Manage Your Content and Devices pagepin your Amazon account on your pc.
Locate the item you wish to download in the "Your Content" tab.
Click the Actions button next to the title and select "Deliver".
Select your device from the list and click "Deliver.
Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. I tried going to whispernet but got more muddles thna before. I then went to Settings on my Kindle and found I had no WiFi connection and that could be the answer to my problems. I have to work on this a bit longer but cannot do so right now as I have commitments so I will have to wait until tomorrow to give you a proper reply and/or put any further questions.

okay, try these steps please>

If your Kindle includes 3G coverage, 3G coverage is automatically turned off when you connect to a Wi-Fi network.

1. From Home, tap the Menumenu icon  			 icon.
  2. Tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi Networks.
  3. Tap a network to connect. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** *****
    • If your Wi-Fi network and router support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), your Kindle will detect it. From the Wi-Fi Password ***** screen, tap WPS, and then press the WPS association button on your router to connect.
    • If your network doesn't support WPS, enter the Wi-Fi network password. If you don't know this password, contact the person who set up the Wi-Fi network.

After you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your Kindle automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one network is in range, your Kindle automatically connects to the last network used.

Turn Off Wireless (Airplane Mode)

Turn off your 3G or Wi-Fi network connection to conserve battery power or to use your Kindle Paperwhite while traveling on an airplane.

Note: When you turn off your wireless connection, you cannot buy, download, or sync Kindle books and periodicals.

1. From Home, tap the Menu Menu icon  			 icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Next to Airplane Mode, tap OFF.
  3. .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
    Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    Thank you very much!
    .
    .
    .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I have been to settings and under Wi-Fi networks I have about 10. I do not know which one I was connected to, although it was probably the virginmedia one as I am NTL I don't know what happened when it was set up originally so have no idea about the password. I have in the meantime clicked on one which is not password ***** and it does then show a Wi-Fi connection but only for about 10 minutes. How can I re-register for a Wi-Fi connection. As regards ***** ***** it has always been OFF.

As regards ***** ***** I have listed as my collection on my Kindle for PC, which is where I have found the two books recently purchased from Amazon, how can I download those on my PC to my Kindle? I have tried clicking the Download button but they still do not appear. Do I need a Wi-Fi connection for that as well?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Was my reply sent earlier today received as I have received no response?

Yes, that comptuer will need to be connected to the internet.It does not have to be wifi as long as you can log in to your amazon account.

Enable Whispersync for Books, so you can switch between Kindle devices. You can pick up reading where you left off and view the bookmarks, highlights, and notes that were created on another device.

Make sure that your Kindle devices are registered to the same Amazon account. You cannot sync Kindle content across devices if they are registered to different Amazon accounts.

Note: Whispersync is enabled by default.

1. Visit Manage Your Content and Devices
  2. Select the Settings tab.
  3. Under Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings), make sure that Whispersync Device Synchronization is ON.

To avoid syncing errors:

• Keep your device connected to a wireless network to allow automatic syncing across your devices and reading apps. If you put your Kindle into sleep mode instead of turning it off, you will not disable the wireless connection.
  • Always connect to a wireless network and return to the Home screen on your device when you're finished reading.
  • To view your bookmarks, highlights, and notes on other devices, you also need to back up your annotations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only have one Kindle registered to Amazon. I followed your instructions to log on to the Manage Your Content and Devices and found the Whispersync Device Synchronization is ON.

Sorry but I am no further forward with my problem which must be that my Kindle has no Wi-Fi connection, so your advice about keeping my device connected to a wireless network, etc. is all well and good but it is the connection to Wi-Fi that I just cannot get.

okay, we can fix that.
what is the brand and model of your router/modem?
Who is your internet provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model of my modem is Super Hub. My My Internet provider is Virgin Media. I have read the following numbers from the back of the hub.

virginmedia8625358 (whichis one of the Wi-Fi providers shown in my list on my Kindle). Then another is zijglxyb, and then(###) ###-#### ***** should add that it very difficult to read these numbers as they are right at floor level and had to do it with torch and magnifying glass.

okay, that is the one you need to choose on your kindle>virginmedia8625358
this is probably the passphrase network key> zijglxyb
Experience: Network Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I have tried using that pass phrase but I still do not get a Wi-Fi connection. From what I can see I think therefore my problem lies with virgin media and the connection with my Hub.

Okay, do you have a Windows computer connected wireless to the router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yippee, Randy. I've got the connection. The 'i' I was reading was an 'l', and my connection came up right away. Thank you for your help. I'll rate you now as excellent.