IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a Samsung SRD443P DVR and are having problems with port

Customer Question

I have a Samsung SRD443P DVR and are having problems with port forwarding My BT Home Hub 3. I can add an application (SamsungDVR) and assign it to port 4520. It is in my application list, and It seems to assign to my device when I click apply. But it does not show up as assigned, and when I check the port it says it is not open??? Help
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Could you tell me why you need to open port(s)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there

I have solved my problem with port forwarding, and all is ok.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

Thanks for informing me.

Do you require any other assistance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro

I have now set up port forwarding ok. The problem that I have now is one of getting my Nexus 7 which has got the Samsung Ipolis app to connect with my DVR. The DV is a SRD443P!TB. Unfortunately Samsung Support do not help individuals, only Organisations, and the Company I purchased the DVR from are no help whatsoever as they do not provide any support!!

Regards ***** *****

Hi again

I have obviously set up port forwarding ok, because if I type the ip address of my dvr into internet explorer, I connect to my DVR and after entering my ID and password ***** full access and control. ( this is through windows internet viewer which I think may be Silverlight!) I am currently unable to do this using Samsung DDNS and Ipolis on my Nexus 7. Multibrowser support for my DVR is set to 4250 -4530 for TCP and Webviewer port ( HTTP) to 80. My port forwarding in router is set for 80 and 4520. Manual stipulated port 80 for Silverlight. Would I have to set port to say 81 for Iplosis to work? However if I did this this would disable IE webviewer!

Regards George

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

Sorry for the delay...

With the port forward, you should be able to access your DVR over the Internet. However, if something doesn't work, I suggest to first test it within your local network, where port forward is not required. You only need to know the IP address of the DVR.

Does the ipolis app fully work when you are within local network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro

As I said above, I have connected my PC to my DVR via Internet Explorer using my IP and it works fine. The problem is trying to connect using my Nexus 7 tablet. I cannot connect using Google, or Samsung Ipolis by using my IP !!!

Regards George

PS Can connect using Google Chrome on PC but not on Nexus 7 (Anroid)

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
So, entering both the local and public IP won't do anything when using the ipolis app?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, however, I can access my recording schedule using "search" on ipolis, but cannot connect to cameras and cannot connect using "live"!!

George

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.

Since I am not sure what the problem could be, I will opt-out and another Expert should contact you with a possible solution.

Meanwhile, check again with the ipolis app support since it seems that something is wrong with the app.

Regards,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro

Thanks for help. I have checked out info on the WEb, and you are correct. There seems to be many users of Ipolis experiencing problems. Looks like it might be an RTSP port problem. The good news is that I can access my DVR over the Internet using Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Thanks for all your help - George

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, George!

Well, that was the only possible explanation since you said it worked everywhere, but not when using the Ipolis app.

Since other users are experiencing the same problem, the Ipolis app developers should probably fix the issue by issuing a new version of the app, so I suggest to keep an eye on their web site and the current Android app version.

Until then, use a web browser such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.

If you require any other assistance, I am here to help.

Regards,
IT Miro