A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have a Qnap TS-212 been working great up until last night

I have a Qnap TS-212 been working great up until last night when I went to update the firmware via the Qnap website. it failed to install the firmware and now the Qnap is in a reboot loop and I cannot access it anymore. I have no idea what to do Ive turned it off and it goes straight back into the loop.
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Would a factory reset of the device be an option?

A. Stevens :

The data should remain accessible..

A. Stevens :

Just would lose the users, user groups, shares etc.

Customer:

Hello, There is no factory reset on the box, I've also connected the usb to see if I can to the drive but nothing comes up

A. Stevens :

There should be a reset button on the device yes?

A. Stevens :

Basic system reset (3 sec)

After pressing the reset button for 3 seconds, a beep sound will be heard. The following settings will be reset to default:
• System administration password: admin.
• TCP/IP configuration: Obtain IP address settings automatically via DHCP.
• TCP/IP configuration: Disable Jumbo Frame.
• TCP/IP configuration: If port trunking is enabled (dual LAN models only), the port trunking mode will be reset to “Active Backup (Failover)”.
• System port: 8080 (system service port).
• Security level: Low (Allow all connections).
• LCD panel password: (blank)*.
• VLAN will be disabled.
• Service binding: All NAS services run on all available network interfaces.

Advanced system reset (10 sec)

After pressing the reset button for 10 seconds, you will hear two beeps at the third and the tenth seconds. The NAS will reset all the system settings to default as it does by the web-based system reset in “Administration” > “Restore to Factory Default” except all the data are reserved. The settings such as the users, user groups, and the network shares previously created will be cleared. To retrieve the old data after advanced system reset, create the same network shares on the NAS and the data will be accessible again.

Customer:

Ok found the reset hole (sorry it was tiny) and have done the above for ten + seconds but no beeps and still looping.