p0llinate
p0llinate, Consultant
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

my panasonic tv vieira has stopped connecting wirelessely.to

my panasonic tv vieira has stopped connecting wirelessely.to the internet. all internet connections (wireless) in the house working fine part form the TV
Category: Networking
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Can you tell me a bit more detail please:

Nathan :

does the tv still find your home network, but can't connect?
do you get any specific error message?
what is the full model number of the tv?

Customer:

Hello, the TV cannot find the wireless network. It used to find it fine but there were frequent periods of interruption which were restored by switching the Internet off and on

Customer:

But this trick is not working anymore

Customer:

It is a Panasonic vieira 55 inch bought 6 months ago

Nathan :

Thanks for the info,

Nathan :

this is a pretty common problem with tvs,

Nathan :

they more often than not just don't work well with wifi

Nathan :

the real problem is that the wifi radio (antenna) inside the tv is very small, and underpowered. When you factor that in and that it is shielded by a huge metal casing of the tv, it is difficult to establish and maintain a useful wifi signal.

Nathan :

You could try relocating your router closer

Nathan :

or using a wired ethernet connection if that is an option in your situation, which would really be the best in terms of speed and reliability

Nathan :

failing those options, your next best bet is to bypass the tvs wifi entirely, and use an external wifi adapter (wifi bridge, or powerline ethernet adapter), which will get you a much better signal

Nathan :

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless N Nano Router/Range Extender/TV, Gaming, Set-top Adapter with USB Charger (click for link)

OR

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack (click for link)

Customer:

thank you. does this mean i will have to disconnect the wifi in order to do that? do i just connect the router to the tv or do i have to do any other internal change of settings?

Nathan :

Well right now it sounds like the wifi isn't connected at all

Nathan :

so the way either of these devices work is that they simply connect to your tv via ethernet (lan) cable,

Nathan :

as far as the panasonic is concerned, it thinks it is plugged directly into your router

Nathan :

if the router is near enough, you can skip the extra equipment and simply plug the lan cable between router and tv.

Nathan :

and the tv should automatically pick up the connection. If it doesn't though, just go into the network setup then to network check/test, and it should work from there

Nathan :

same deal if using one of the devices I linked to (the wifi one needs an initial configuration done once via your computer, the powerline one just plugs into the outlet, with one end plugged to the tv the other to the router)

p0llinate, Consultant
Experience: IT systems admin, network installer