Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I changed my settings to back up and restore to factory setting,

I changed my settings to back up and restore to factory setting, due to some problem I was having, but now when I done that it created another problem. My galaxy tablet 2 10"
now needs a wifi password ***** connect to already secured strong signal. I have a computer and everything works perfectly on it .I miss my tablet. My son is an network engineer but at the moment is away on setting up offices at the other side of the world and wont be back for awhile. Please can you help me as I'm in my late sixthys.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network / Wi-Fi / wireless professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have Vodafone broad band land line.

I have a laptop.

Is the laptop connected to your Vodafone device with a cable? Or is the laptop wireless?

Would you like me to provide instructions you can try yourself for finding out your Wi-Fi/wireless password? Or would you like me to connect remotely to your laptop, so that I can find out the Wi-Fi password ***** through your computer together with you?

Edit: We've been communicating, but it looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No ,its not connected to a cable its a lead that I plug in to charge it up and I'm not sure if its wireless .yes would you give me instructions how to do it and if I can't then I will wait till to morrow night when you are available at some time say around eight o clock if its ok with you, and then you can connect with me .. I will let you know if it worked then. Thank you.

You're welcome. Please do the following on your laptop:

- Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the laptop's screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
(Or click on Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.)
Then click on Manage wireless networks on the left.
Then select your wireless network name.
Then right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi/wireless password (it is case-sensitive.)

Please reply back whenever you can. Thank you,

Experience: Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked thank you so much , very much appreciated.

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience