Josh
Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

i have a Kindle When I try to connect to my WiFi it will not

i have a Kindle When I try to connect to my WiFi it will not let me rejecting my WiFi password ***** keeps defaulting to flight mode and when this is turned off wont let me proceed further I have tried switching off to reset but still cant get password *****{the WiFi password ***** ***** as I have recently used it to connect a new mobile
Help please
Diane
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What Kindle model do you have? Has it ever worked properly with Wi-Fi?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A5 size basic Kindle have had for a couple of years and have previously had no problem connecting to WiFi and downloading books. Haven't tried to connect to this WiFi with it

Diane

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
When you enter your Wi-Fi password ***** the Kindle, does it give you an invalid password *****?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry my computer went blank on me

msg that appears is: Password ***** ***** or invalid

Unable to connect to WiFi..........

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Are you 100% sure you have the correct password ***** you are entering it in correctly into the Kindle? Capital letters in your password ***** to be entered as such on the Kindle
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no capitals involved I have input wireless password ***** shown on card

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Sometimes certain passwords will not work for the Kindle for whatever the reason is.

What is the make/model of your wireless router?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

EE Brightbox

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.

We are going to change your wireless network password ***** a phrase or something that is shorter for the Kindle. Please note that you will need to reconnect each device that uses wireless. Each device will state the password ***** ***** and you need to enter the new one.

On a computer...

1. Go to 192.168.1.1
    Enter 192.168.1.1 into browser address bar
  2. The router's login screen will open

Router's admin pages
  3. Enter the username and password ***** the admin pages

- The username is admin
    - You'll find the password ***** on a sticker on the bottom of the router next to admin password
  4. Click Login
    enter the username and password ***** the router's admin pages
  5. The Status page will open

status page
  6. Click on the Basic Set-Up tab and then select Wireless Settings from the left hand menu

Wireless settings menu under basic settings
  7. The Wireless Settings page will open

Go to where it says Wireless Password ***** type in a phrase such as Apple12! or something similar. Click on Save Settings and wait 1 minute

Now go back to your Kindle and try connecting to the network using the new password.