A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

This relates to a Samsung wb200 camera. I can connect to wi

This relates to a Samsung wb200 camera. I can connect to wi fi, but then I don't seem to be able to progress any further - I can't get a menu as the brochure suggests.
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me do you get any kind of error message when trying to access the menu?

A. Stevens :

I need to get a little more information from you about the issue so that I can give you the best answer.

A. Stevens :

Please let me know when you return, so that we can continue working on this question. I will respond as soon as possible when I see your reply.

Customer:

No there's no error message. I'm definitely logged on to a wi fi hotspot and I enter my relevant user id and password, but then nothing further seems to happen. I try to call up a menu but there's no response. I'm wondering if there's some other form of set-up that's needed, but can find no guidance from Samsung brochures,

A. Stevens :

Hmm..ok. Let me have a look and see what might be going on.

A. Stevens :

Are you able to sign in with this username/password ***** your computer?

Customer:

Yes

A. Stevens :

OK, please give me a just a moment while I look in to the isue.

A. Stevens :

I did pause the timer here so no worries.

A. Stevens :

So when you select Menu >> WIFI Settings

A. Stevens :

you able to sucessfully connect to a hotspot

A. Stevens :

correct?

Customer:

Yes

A. Stevens :

Which mode are you trying to use?

Customer:

I have to log off. if you have an answer please send to my email *****@******.***

Customer:

email.

Customer:

I'm trying to email from my camera.

A. Stevens :

I will post my answer to this question, you should recieve a notice by email.

A. Stevens :

You can return here anytime, no worries.

A. Stevens :

So you've rotated the dial to WIFI, selected "email icon" and then connected to WIFI.

A. Stevens :

Then you would want to hit the "menu" button on the camera

Customer:

Many thanks. I'm thinking that maybe I have to set-up the wi fi account as one action separately first, before trying to email. The brochure suggests you don't have to, just find a hotspot then email, but this doesn't seem to work.

A. Stevens :

The physical button

Customer:

Yes

A. Stevens :

Yes, you would need to connect to a WIFI before you can email.

Customer:

That's what I'm trying to do.

A. Stevens :

OK, so do you have the WIFI network name and password ***** you are wanting to connect to?

A. Stevens :

If you want to return later, we can troubleshoot some more later.

A. Stevens :

I think we need to go through some other steps before I can give you the correct answer though.

A. Stevens :

If you want to just reply to this chat when you are available, I will return ASAP to help.

Customer:

Yes, I'm just trying to use my account on BT

A. Stevens :

Do you have a WIFI network at home?

Customer:

This is a separate account. I don't have my own landline.

A. Stevens :

I'm a bit confused..

A. Stevens :

Which WIFI hotspot are you trying to connect to?

Customer:

BT WIFI with FON. I have access to this, but I can't seem to use it on the camera.

A. Stevens :

I see..

A. Stevens :

what happens when you put in the password ***** the WIFI? nothing at all?

A. Stevens :

no indication that the WIFI is connected?

Customer:

It's connected I think but as explained before I can't get any further with the camera.

A. Stevens :

So..once you hit menu after it connects.

A. Stevens :

What happens?

A. Stevens :

You don't get a prompt to configrire your email account?

Customer:

No nothing

A. Stevens :

That's very odd

Customer:

Maybe I just need to press the menu button for longer.

A. Stevens :

Try that.

A. Stevens :

If not, may need to reset your camera to factory settings, maybe there is an issue in the software.

A. Stevens :

In summary turn the Mode Dial to the Setting 'Cog' icon, select General and then select Reset. Note this will Reset menus and shooting options. Date and time, language, and video output settings will not be reset.

Customer:

OK will do.

A. Stevens :

Great, let me know how it turns out.

A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience: 10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.