RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

Yoga Tablet 8 Model 60043. I am new to Tablets and am unable

Yoga Tablet 8 Model 60043. I am new to Tablets and am unable to connect to the internet. The limited "Quick Start" says insert the Micro Sim card provided by your carrier and also a micro SD. Two tiny cardboard pieces are included but they may just be dummies. Where do I get a Micro Sim card from (I may not need a microSD card. I tried contacting my ISP (TalkTalk) but their automated 'phone service was no good.
Help
Douglas Ramsay
Category: Networking
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
You do not need the Micro Sim if you have internet available at your home. Follow these steps to connnect the Yoga to your home wifi>PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS<

Your Wireless Network Name is the name of the wireless connection being sent out by your router. It’s what you should be looking out for when trying to connect to a wireless network from your computer or other wireless enabled device.

The Wireless Password is the wireless key that you will have to type in when trying to connect to your wireless network. You’ll be prompted to enter it when you first try to connect. This is here to stop any unwelcome guests from accessing your network.

If you have a TalkTalk router you should find a sticker attached displaying your Wireless Network Name and Password. It’ll look something like the one below:

Router sticker

Please note: these instructions will only work if you have a TalkTalk router. If you have a router from a different supplier, please check with the manufacturer for further help and support.