Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

My ipad tells me it is not connected to the internet, I have

My ipad tells me it is not connected to the internet, I have tried to reconnect but it is not accepting the password ***** am using so I need to change it. Can you help me do this please.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for a Wi-Fi/wireless password?

What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it asking for a Wi-Fi wireless password. The model of my Internet is BTHub3-5SS2 I have Windows 7 on my laptop

The wireless key is at the back/bottom of your BT Hub internet modem device (it is case-sensitive.)

If that does no work, on the windows 7 laptop:
Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
(Or click on Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.)
Then click on Manage wireless networks on the left.
Then select your wireless network name.
Then right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your wireless password. (it is case-sensitive.)

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-you so much for your help, you have made an old lady very happy. No doubt I shall be visiting you again for your help. I appreciate your patience with me - I know I am not the brightest pupil you have, but am willing to learn. At 83 the brain does not function quickly !

You're welcome :) Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much