hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer networking problems
40928634

I have just bought panasonic dvd player DMR-PWT63 5EB have

I have just bought panasonic dvd player DMR-PWT63 5EB have tried to connect internet,message keeps coming up. Connection to gateway failed. Do I need a LAN adaptor DY-WL5 to connect???????
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

I looked at the manual

http://tda.panasonic-europe-service.com/docs/2z5474c96az3z39142z656ez706466z25zdb4d74388b394fb765283d67a991bec8070b6f12/tsn3/data/ALL/DMRPWT635EB/OI/919412/vqt4l30.pdf

and no you don't need to use the LAN adapter. That is to connect the player wirelessly to your router.

If you have a wired connection you can follow the instructions on pg21 and make sure that you select "wired" as the connection. Please make sure that you are using a known good Ethernet cable to connect the player to your router. The player should be connected to one of the router's LAN ports.

If you still cannot connect please try powering down the router by unplugging it from the wall power and also the player.

Now plug in the router and wait 60 seoconds. Now power up the player and tell me what happens please...can you get Internet access?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant get internet service at the moment , but the dvd is connected to the tv, the computer and router are in a different room, also i thought i would have been wireless and not wired connection????

Hello there,

If you can't connect a cable from the DVD to your router because it's in another room then yes, you will need the LAN adapter.

I'm assuming that your router is a Wifi wireless router?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes my router is a Wifi router,therefore should the LAN adapter be the one specified by panasonic or would any LAN adapter do ie. the one I have at the moment.

Hello there,

Yes, you will need the DY-WL5 to connect wirelessly. This is because the player only has the drivers for this proprietary device.

You cannot use another product I am afraid to tell you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I will have to get one tomorrow, any ideas where from.Smile

Good luck and please kindly rate my service so that I can be paid for my time

http://www.bestavdeals.co.uk/panasonic-dy-wl5-wireless-dongle.html