Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I have a second hand ipad - I cannot access the internet because

I have a second hand ipad - I cannot access the internet because I do not have the password ***** how do I get over this please ?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Are you looking for the apple ID password ***** the password ***** your WiFi (to connect to the Internet)?
Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Vinod,

I have the Apple ID, but now need the password ***** WiFi to enable me

to access the internet, not knowing the original owners password.

Michael

I am still confused. Did you mean the ipad is asking the password ***** the original owner ID?
Or if it is only the WiFi password ***** is your computer connected to the same WiFi? If so, is it a Windows XP/Vista/7 or a Mac?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am working on a Windows XP computer. I know my Apple ID and wish to connect my ipad to the internet,using the same WiFi but am unable to do so as do not have the correct password *****

presumably the previous owner used a password ***** I do not know

Let's see what exactly the ipad is asking for. What is the make and model of your wifi router? Is it linksys/netgear/belkin etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The wifi router has a Wireless Network Name - Talktalk model 3B80C8

with a Wireless Password KF973UF8

I am sorry, Michael. I have not yet heard of the Talktalk router. So I think this issue can be better handled by a Networking expert (currently you are in the Mac category). Let me transfer to the Networking category and somebody from there might be able to get your WiFi password. Once an expert responds, you will get an email notification.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** you have not been able to sort this out for me - I did not realise you were Mac experts

Michael.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Please try this on your iPad. From the home screen tap Settings>Reset>Reset Network Settings. When the iPad restarts go into Settings, making sure Wi-Fi is ON. Select your TalkTalk wireless network and enter the password ***** provided by TalkTalk (KF973UF8)

case sensitive

When connected you should see a checkmark next to the network name.

Than open Safari from the home screen and see if you can reach websites.

-

I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.

Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience: A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Should that password ***** work for whatever reason here is a way to verify the Wi-Fi password ***** using your wirelessly connected XP machine:

From a Windows computer connected to your
wireless network
Please download and RUN this utility from Hewlett-Packard
-
http://tinyurl.com/m9vf8xl
-
Run the program, including update if prompted,
and allow it to finish searching for products.
When it finishes click Network from the
menu at the top of the screen.
and select Show Advanced Info
Click Show Wireless Info
Under Wireless Settings at the bottom of the
page, under Network Key you will see your
wireless password *****

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

My apologies. I just realized that because you're in the UK the link I sent may not work.

Hopefully, this one will

-

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/printer_diag/&softwareitem=mp-136589-1

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Byron,

Many thanks - I seem to have managed to connect to the internet at last.

Hopefully it will have sorted this problem that has been bothering me for a while, for good !

Thanks again

Michael.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

You're most welcome, Michael. Glad to hear it's working. If you should require assistance in the future I can be reached at this more direct link

-

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-dukey01/?rpt=3800

-

and if you could take a moment to rate the service before leaving using the smiley/stars it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Byron