LKT
LKT, Network Admin
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

TV has told me to go to support.youview.com and search for

TV has told me to go to support.youview.com and search for YVM102. Says Youview box cannot connect to Router. I have been having trouble for some time with being unable to connect to Internet. Switching Router off and on sorts it for a while, but then I lose connection again. Are the 2 things connected and what can I do

I Have not heard anything back from you, and have to go out at 15.07.   What can I do?

Category: Networking
Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
LKT :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today.

LKT :

I just came across your question and and it sounds like it can be several things. You said that you have to restart the router to get the internet working again, is this a wired or wireless connection? If it is a wireless connection the router and the devices you are trying to connect may be too far from each other, trying getting them closer. If this is wired, try changing the cable that connects the devices.

Also, in a wireless network, the antenna on the wireless router may be going bad (if all devices on the network fail to connect) and the only solution to this is getting a replacement.

Customer:

Hi, sorry I had to go out and now have my grandson visiting, so couldn't reply before. I think the router is wired to the computer but wireless to the Youview box. Do you think the 2 problems are connected, or different problems? I have had the internet problem for some time, but the one with the television only started yesterday as far as I am aware.

LKT :

Hello, no problem. From the sounds of it, I would replace that router if the internet is always dropping, the wireless also dropping may be another symptom of a failing router.

LKT :

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer:

Do you think the problem with the television is connected? The message on screen told me to look for YVM102, but I didn't manage to find that.

LKT :

Yes, I think it is. I think the reason why your tv is disconnecting from youview is because of that.

Customer:

Thank you. Can you tell me why, when I press the forward button on my emails I lose all pictures & fancy script?

LKT :

It depends on the email system you are using, some forward all the fancy and pictures. Others strip it away and forward as text based only.

LKT :

There may also be an option on the forwarded email that has a check box "forward attachments" or something of that nature.

Customer:

It is TalkTalk and the same applies whether I am using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer

LKT :

It wouldn't make a difference if you are using chrome or IE. The problem would be with talktalk and how they implement forwarded emails.

Customer:

Would a new router make any difference, or do I need to take it up with TalkTalk?

LKT :

You may need to go into your settings (im not exactly sure where with talktalk) and make sure you have the format settings to "HTML" rather than plaintext.

LKT :

No, a new router does not affect your emails in that manner.

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** can find the Talktalk settings I will try that.

LKT :

Sounds good. you are welcome.

LKT :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask, otherwise please use the smiley faces below to rate me. Thank you!

LKT, Network Admin
Experience: A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications