Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
76287196

I am trying to remove BTHub3-KKF8 Secured (WPS Available) from

I am trying to remove BTHub3-KKF8 Secured (WPS Available) from my Samsung galaxy tablet and also BTWiFi-with-FON I don't have a password ***** do this I am at a loss as to how this happened in the first place. My home connection is BTHub3-KKF8 but it is displaying a padlock that I can't reove can you help please
Category: Networking
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

I do not understand what you mean when you say that you want to remove these wifi networks from your tablet. Your tablet shows them, because they are broadcasting.

JoelK :

You can make your tablet "forget" a connection, but only if it is one to which your tablet has already been connected, and in this case you would have known the password, if the network required one.

JoelK :

If you cannot connect to your home network because you have forgotten your password, I can help you with that.

Customer:

Originally, I had only my BTHub3-KKF8 router at home. I don.t know where the BTWiFi-with-FON came from but that is stopping me from my own WiFi connecting. it keeps coming up with Secured (WPS Available). BTWiFi- with-Fon has open underneath but wont connect so I thought if I removed both I could start again but the device wont let me. I don't really want to go back to factory settings but I am thinking that this is all I can do to resolve this.

JoelK :

Thank you for providing the background information to help me understand your question.

JoelK :

Are you saying that when you open the BTHub3-KKF8 connection, the BTWifi-with-Fon connection opens underneath, instead of your connection or in addition to your connection?

JoelK :

Do you know the password ***** BTHub3-KKF8?

Customer:

I cant open my BThub underneath it says Secured (WPS Available) but on the right it shows a padlock. When I put in the HUB password ***** keeps telling me it is incorrect. I know that this has never been altered from the day of installation.

JoelK :

You need to forget about BTWifi-with-Fon. That is not your network, and there is nothing you can do to stop your neighbor from broadcasting their network. I can help you recover your password ***** BTHub3-KKF8. ARe you connected to that router on your computer right now?

Customer:

Yes I am connected to the router but there is a padlock to the right and its stopping me connect to the WiFi

JoelK :

The padlock just means that it is a secure network and requires a password. When you tap on it, it should present a password ***** I can show you how to recover your password ***** your network by displaying it on your computer. Then you can use the correct password ***** login to your tablet.

JoelK :

What is your operating system on your computer?

Customer:

I have tried putting in the password ***** the window but my computer is Microsoft 7 home edition

JoelK :

Go to the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen and select Control Panel. Then select Network and Internet - View Network Status & Tasks.

Customer:

On the BT Hub settings there is Wireless network/ssid underneath is BTHub3-KKF8 underneath that is Wireless key under that is a letter and numbers on the reverse Wireless Pin with a row of numbers then Admin Passord with letters and numbers underneath. Could I be using the wrong sequence

JoelK :

What do you mean on the reverse?

Customer:

There is a key in the back of the router that you take out with Home Hub Settings written on

JoelK :

Okay. Now I understand.

Customer:

I have got as far as View Network Status and Tasks what next?

JoelK :

Click on the link that shows your network name under Connections.

JoelK :

Are you still there?

Customer:

Yes I am still here aplogies had to answer the phone.

JoelK :

Yes. So did I.

Customer:

I have done that what do I do next

JoelK :

Click on the BTHub3-KKF8 link to open a Wifi Status window. Then click on the Wireless Properties button.

JoelK :

This will open the Wireless Network Properties window. Click on the Security tab and check the Show Characters box.

JoelK :

This will reveal the actual password ***** your network. You can compare it with the wireless key on the bottom of your router. Please let me know if they are the same.

Customer:

I have got a little lost off as the BTHub link did not open

JoelK :

Is your computer, the one you are using for this conversation, connected wirelessly right now to the BTHub?

Customer:

Yes

JoelK :

Is the link shown as Connection: BTHub3-KKF8, with the network name shown in light blue and underlined?

Customer:

No it is just showing home

JoelK :

I can offer you an additional service, which is to connect to your computer in a remote desktop support session. There will be an additional charge, as we have already spent as much time as I can give you for the amount that you have paid. Do you want to do that?

Customer:

No thanks for your help up to now, I am going to look for a local person to help as I am not all that good with computers and I think I will have to get someone to come to the house and show me. Thank you very much for your help and trying to help me.

JoelK :

WE can do one other thing before or instead of the remote desktop support session.

Customer:

What would that be

JoelK :

Look at the Wireless Key on the bottom of your router. Is this the password ***** you have been using to connect your tablet?

Customer:

Yes

JoelK :

Then someone must have changed the password. That is why I have been trying to get you to display it on your computer.

Customer:

I don't know how because there is only me and I haven't changed anything as I have been using my tablet until it went wrong

JoelK :

Do you want to try the remote desktop support session?

Customer:

No thanks, ***** ***** that I really need someone to come to the house and go through this with me incase it happens again and then if I am shown what to do I can write it down and keep. Thank you so much for your help you have been great.

Joel Kalman, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience: I have more than 10 years experience designing and maintaining computer network circuits and systems.
Katherine -

I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service, and I am sorry that I was unable to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.

If any problems arise in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.

- Joel