A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Network Administrator
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

im trying to connect my Viera TX-L42FT60B to the internet.

im trying to connect my Viera TX-L42FT60B to the internet. It has a full power signal. I'm getting error 008
What can I do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens : Why can I not connect to Viera Cast / Connect,I get an error code of '008'.

Firstly, please enter the Network Setup option on the television and run the Connection Test. With the error code '008,' it should fail the last point.

Once the test has finished, press the Return button and then go to the IP/DNS settings and press OK. You have to make sure that both the IP and DNS settings are both set to Auto. If one of them says Manual, then you need to change it back to Auto. Press return and wait for the television to go back to the Network screen then re-run the Connection Test to see if it passes. If it does pass it should then connect to Viera Cast correctly. If it still does not connect, then your router is blocking the television. At this point you will need to check some settings on the router.

Please make sure that DHCP and UPnP are turned on. If you have MAC filtering turned on, you will have to enter the MAC address of the television in on the router (this can be found at the bottom of the network settings on the television). Alternatively, you may have to contact your internet service provider or the manufacture of the router.

Customer:

I wrote all you had to say down, redid network connection but instead of error 008 gateway went straight to internet, i'm connected! after trying for many hours. I dont know why but delighted as I have just returned home from a hip replacement and now I can ues apps like netflix from my bed